Jessica specialises in the area of complex real estate structuring, project structuring, project finance, conveyancing, land use and planning succession and estate planning, and company secretarial practice.
Areas of Specialisation
- Structuring of Real Estate Developments
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Real Estate Tax Advise
- Land use and Planning
- Structuring and advise on Joint Venture Agreements
- Sale and purchase of real estate properties
- Drafting and reviewing of Commercial Leases
- Conducting of comprehensive due diligence on Property
- Regulatory Compliance
- Estate Planning and Succession
- Company Secretarial
- Project finance and perfection of securities
Email: [email protected]
- Part of the team that advised Tatu City, a real estate development company, on all aspects of the legal structure for a proposed mixed-use development on 2, 500 acres, Tatu City, in Ruiru Municipality. The project, which at completion will have 60,000 residents, includes elements of public-private partnerships in the development and elements of infrastructure, in particular roads, water, and sanitation.
- Advising Tilisi on all aspects of legal structuring for a proposed mixed-use development on 400 acres, Tilisi in Limuru, Kiambu County. The project includes elements of infrastructure, in particular roads, water, and sanitation.
- Advising Amboseli Golf Resort Hotel and Spa Limited on all aspects of the legal structure for a golf course, resort and high-end holiday cottages to be erected on about 400 acres in Kajiado. This includes the negotiation of the contracts relating to the construction and management of the golf course and the hotel.
- Advising the consortium on the Urban Renewal and Redevelopment of New Ngara Estate in Nairobi County on all legal aspects of the transaction including the joint venture agreement with the County, land acquisition, legal structuring of the project and the end sales to the users.
- Advising HFDI the investment and development subsidiary of HF Group in a joint venture project that targets the middle class. Advising the client on the structuring and sale of residential apartments of property measuring approximately 2.280 ha within Kiambu County this includes project finance, negotiation, and drafting of the various contracts required in the project and representing the client in the end sales to the homeowners.
- Part of the team advising a client on the structuring and sale of a comprehensive sustainable multi-generational community center having a mixed-use which shall be set up on approximately 350 acres of land in Kiambu County.
- Structuring the setting up of an exclusive members club based at the North Coast. The Club shall own extensive world-class luxury hotel apartments together with restaurants, conference facilities, state of art recreational facilities and grounds.
- Advising Superior Homes Limited in the structuring and sale of 600 residential units in Mavoko. The Estate, Known as Greenpark is a unique lifestyle development that offers the best of country living within easy reach of the city along the Nairobi- Mombasa highway.
- Advising several developers in the structuring and sale of residential units in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kajiado and Kisumu Counties. This includes the management of the common areas, application of service charge and drafting and registration of sales documentation.
Countries of Work Experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Nairobi.
- Certificate in Human Resource Management, Kenya Institute of Management.