Daniel has many years’ litigation experience in litigation in relation to complex commercial transactions, intellectual property and family disputes. He is currently involved in a KES 40B claim in which a local bank, the client, has been sued alongside two other banks for placing a contractor under receivership.
He is also involved in advising on an ongoing succession dispute whose estate is worth billions of shillings. Daniel has represented a client in the enforcement of its trademark.
Areas of Specialisation
- Complex Commercial disputes
- Family disputes
- Land and Environmental disputes
- Tax Disputes
Email: [email protected]
- Acting for Africa Reinsurance Co-operation in a Kshs. 12 billion dispute with the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Acting for SGS Kenya in a Kshs. 170 million Tax Dispute with KRA
- Acting for Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) in a Kshs. 500 million tax dispute against KRA.
- Acting for Sanofi Aventis Kenya Limited in a claim by Kenya Revenue Authority claiming Kshs 300,000 alleged tax arrears.
- Acting for Safaricom Limited a Kshs. 700 million arbitration dispute for breach of contract with a service provider.
- Acting for A.A Baiyusf in a Kshs. 600 million Arbitrator dispute with Northern Water Services Board.
- Acting for KCB Bank in defending a Kshs. 40 billion claim filed by KSC International.
- Acting for Blueline Properties Limited, a developer in a Kshs. 300 million construction dispute with a contractor.
- Acting for the beneficiaries of the late Hon. Njenga Karume, a prominent Kenyan billionaire, to seeking to have the trustees of a trust founded by the deceased removed for mismanaging the trust assets and businesses.
Public Interest Litigation
- Acting for Kenya National Human Commission (KNCHR) on Rights in advisory opinion No 1 of 2017 seeking to enforce the principles and values of integrity enshrined in Chapter 6 of the Constitution in elective and appointive positions.
- Acting for Safaricom Limited to oppose the move by Communication Authority of Kenya (CAK) to install gadgets by which the Authority will be able to listen and record subscribers’ private conversations and disable phones under the guise of fighting counterweight phones.
- Acting in a Constitutional Petition filed in the High Court on the constitutionality of the appointment a State Corporation chairman by the President.
- Acting for Law Society of Kenya (LSK) in a constitutional petition to challenge the media shutdown following the “Miguna Miguna swearing”.
Countries of Work Experience
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Nairobi
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators