Yvette has worked on various commercial transactions including capital markets, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project finance and energy and infrastructure projects. She worked on the preparation of a business plan to develop up to 350MW of geothermal power under a government-to-government arrangement and the financing of one of the first road annuity projects in Kenya.
She has also expressed interest in Islamic finance transactions, Islamic Capital Markets and the legal aspects of building various technological solutions.
Areas of Specialisation
- Capital Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Project Finance
- Energy and Infrastructure
Email: [email protected]
- Part of the team advising an Indonesian renewable energy company (the Acquirer) on the purchase of 100% stake in a geothermal exploration company in Kenya (the Target).
- Part of the team that conducted a due diligence on a Kenyan target company dealing in food production for export within the EPZ which has been approached by an investor for a minority investment of USD 11.5 million.
- Advising Kenya Railways in the Development of a master plan for the Nairobi Metropolitan Region Commuter Train.
- Part of the team that advised an Investor on the purchase of 20% stake in a company that deals in the collection of stock photography (the Target).
- Part of the team that advised a public company based in Kenya and with an office in the United States of America offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors through real estate and private equity (the “Purchaser”) in the purchase of 48.9% stake in a private company that provides serviced office solutions including virtual serviced and managed offices, as well as meeting rooms for hire to a large number of enterprises in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria (the “Target Company”).
- Advising Bandwidth and Cloud Services Group on its project financing transaction with a value of over USD 40 Million.
- Part of the team that advised a leading private bank in Kenya in the purchase of shares in the target company which deals in insurance that will offer insurance financing products to the target’s customers leading to greater uptake of the target’s insurance products, thereby creating business opportunities for both the Target and the Acquirer.
- Part of the team that advised Biobest NV (which has its headquarters in Belgium and has been described as a leading global player in pollination and biological control of pests and diseases) (the “Purchaser”) in the purchase of shares in The Real IPM Company (Kenya) Limited (a leading Kenyan company in biological crop solutions and pest control in East Africa) (the “Target Company”).
- Part of the team that advised on the acquisition of paint manufacturing group of companies in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania (the “Target Companies”) by a public company based in Mauritius including giving a second opinion on the transaction documents.
- Part of the team that is advising on the acquisition of paper converting machinery by a company dealing in packaging of food and groceries for the price of KES. 175M including reviewing the asset sale agreement and giving a legal opinion on the same.
- Part of the team that undertook a due diligence exercise on a bank under statutory management to ascertain the securities held by the Bank and the Bank’s legal liability and exposure for purposes of an intended acquisition of the Bank by a strategic investor.
- Part of the team advising a public company registered in Kenya and with an office in the United States of America offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors through real estate and private equity in their proposal to issue unsecured term loans in the aggregate sum of up to KES5B through a restricted public offer under Section 30B of the Capital Markets Act (CAP 485A Laws of Kenya).
- Part of the team that undertook the review of GenAfrica Asset Managers Limited’s anti money laundering policy.
- Part of the team that advised a food processing and manufacturing company on registered in Kenya which has been inactive since incorporation on its dissolution.
- Prepared an Expert Determination Agreement between Trade and Development Bank and a debtor company in the sugar industry for the determination of the amounts owed to Trade and Development Bank by the said debtor which were in dispute.
- Part of the legal team that advised the Chinese government on a government-to-government project for the increase of geothermal power generation at Olkaria.
- Part of the team advising a private company in the entertainment industry on its intended listing on the Growth Enterprise Market Segment of the Nairobi Securities Exchange which will see the company expand its revenue streams and increase its access to capital.
- Part of the team that advised in the corporate restructuring of a Kenyan bank which is in receivership.
- Part of the team advising the Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) on the proposed concession of the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) by Kenya Airways PLC (KQ) as proposed in the Privately Initiated Investment Proposal (PIIP) prepared and submitted by KQ.
- Part of the team reviewing and summerising the provisions of the Kenya Railways Corporations Act and the Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (NaMATA) Bill for a company which is in the process of developing a master plan for the Nairobi Commuter Rail.
- Part of the team that advised a lender on financing amounting to USD60M for a road construction under the Roads Annuity Programme pursuant to the provisions of the Public Private Partnerships Act and the Public Finance Management (Road Annuity Programme) Regulations, 2015.
- Part of the team that advised a client who is in the horticulture and floriculture industries in Kenya and throughout East Africa with growing expertise in telecommunications, water purification, solar energy and generators (the “Contractor”) in relation to the installation and commissioning of Phase 2 Bulk Water Supply Infrastructure with an international sugar company based in Kwale (the “Employer”).
- Part of the team that advised a client on a joint venture relating to the construction of proposed townhouses in Lavington.
- Part of the team that drafted a contract for outsourcing of the Information Systems Audit function for one of the banks in Kenya.
- Part of the team that advised a Bank that was requested by an Islamic Bank from Saudi Arabia (the “Lender”) to act as an escrow account agent for all receivables in respect of the acquired property and as security agent for the security to be created by a Kenyan Trustee (the “Borrower”) in favour of the Lender which financed the acquisition of property by the Borrower under a Murabaha Facility Agreement.
- Part of the team that advised a company based in Mauritius that provides alternative financial solutions and having a subsidiary in Kenya on supply chain financing of various anchor supermarkets, for purposes of buying products from their suppliers including drafting a Factoring Agreement and a Supply Chain Finance Agreement.
- Part of the team that advised on the registration of a copyright for a software application on behalf of a company based in Mauritius that provides alternative financial solutions and having a subsidiary in Kenya which deals with lending to suppliers of agri-based goods.
- Part of the team that advised an IT solutions and innovation company based in Kenya on an agreement with a local bank for the use of a deposit mobilization software jointly developed by the Company and another IT solutions and innovation company based in Ghana and having a subsidiary in Kenya including reviewing the Memorandum of Understanding and the Non-disclosure Agreement.
- Part of the team advised a client on a Novation Agreement in respect to a Condominium in Kikambala worth KES30M for purposes of settling a debt owed to the client.
- Part of the team that advised a cement manufacturing company in Kenya on the partial settlement of a debt owed to it in the sum of approximately KES130M by one of its customers which debt is being settled by the transfer of an apartment by a third party including drafting a tripartite Settlement Agreement between the parties and the requisite transfer documents.
- Advising a client in the Hotel industry on the intended purchase of two hotels in Kenya which are both managed by one of the major hotel management companies including advising on the termination of the Hotel Management Agreement and advising on the best option to take between an asset purchase and a share purchase.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws LL.B, University of Nairobi, Kenya.