Winnie is an associate in the Commercial and Property Department with immense proficiency in banking and property transactions. She is an integral part of the team handling real estate structuring, project structuring, project finance, conveyancing, land use and planning, banking and finance with vast experience in structuring of developments.
Areas of Specialisation
- Property Law
- Banking and Finance
- Project structuring
- Legislative and regulatory advisory services
- Private Equity and Public Finance
- Land use and Planning
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Legal Research and Advisory
- Regulatory Compliance
Email: [email protected]
- Advising Richland Development Limited on the structuring and sale of residential and commercial units on property measuring approximately 2.280 hectares that is situated in Kiambu County. This includes project finance, negotiation and drafting of the various contracts required in the project and representing the client in the end sales to the unit owners.
- Part of the team advising a client that is coming with a word class mixed use development along Thika Super Highway. At the completion of the development, the development will comprise of high end residential apartments, middle class residential apartments, office suits and a mall. The aim of the client is to provide convenience to the purchasers in the development by ensuring that their needs are met at the same place.
- Advising Kinoo Roadside limited, a real estate development company on all aspects of legal structure for a residential development on a parcel of land measuring approximately 0.477 hectares. We are currently handling the end user sales to the purchasers and registration of the leases.
- Part of the team that is advising a client on setting up of an exclusive members club based at the North Coast. The Club shall own extensive world class luxury hotel apartments together with restaurants, conference facilities, state of art recreational facilities and grounds. Individual purchasers shall invest by acquiring memberships in the club and having an exclusive use of the facilities. The members at the end of the transaction shall have a stake in the assets owned by the company and may participate in the profits and losses of the club.
- Representing Tatu City Limited in the structuring and sale of residential units situated within Tatu City, which will be known as Tatu Waters. The project is a unique lifestyle development that offers good quality and affordable housing units and its users will enjoy all the amenities within Tatu City.
- Representing Richland Development Limited in all aspects of the legal structure in the sale of shares in a company it wholly owns. This includes negotiation of the contracts relating to the sale of shares and obtaining all the requisite approvals for the transaction.
- Representing Munywe Investments Limited in the structuring and sale of maisonettes located in Sigona, within Kiambu County. This includes the management of the common areas, application of service charge, drafting of sales documentation and registration of title documents.
- Part of the team that was tasked with coming up with a masterplan with respect to affordable housing in Kenya. This entailed advising the client and by enlarge the Kenyan Government on the legal issues that are incidental to coming up with affordable housing master plan.
- Advised the Company for Habitat and Housing in Africa (Shelter Afrique) in structuring a facility worth Kenya Shillings one billion and negotiating the terms of the legal instruments that secured repayment of the facility.
- Represented the Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) in drafting and negotiating the terms of securities securing facility that is worth Kenya Shillings one billion two hundred million.
- Undertaking a comprehensive securities review for KCB Bank Kenya Limited.
- Reviewed security templates for various banks including but not limited to Gulf African Bank and Equity Bank Kenya Limited.
- Represented KCB Bank Kenya Limited in the takeover and structuring a facility worth Kenya Shillings Nine Hundred and Fifty Million and drafting and negotiating the terms of all the securities as well as conducting due diligence on all the properties that were offered as security for the transaction and the companies that were providing different securities.
- Represented KCB Bank Kenya Limited, in structuring a facility worth Kenya Shillings Two Hundred and Fifty Million in which the Bank was taking fuel Stocks and fuel products for export to other markets as security.
Countries of Work Experience
- Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws, Moi University.