Viola has experience in commercial transactions including public private partnerships (PPPs), mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project finance and energy and infrastructure projects.
Areas of Specialisation
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Project Finance
- Energy and Infrastructure
Email: [email protected]
- Advising in the review of documentation submitted by Safaricom agents/dealers in their application for renewal of their contracts to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory framework.
- Advising Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) in review of the Privately Initiated Investment Proposal by Kenya Airways to have KAA concession the operations and management of the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to KQ to ensure the proposal complies with the law and the development agenda of KAA. She was also part of the team advising on the steps involved where such a proposal is concerned.
- Advising Bandwidth and Cloud Services Group on its project financing transaction with a value of over USD 9 Million. Particularly involved in review of securities and coordinating the transaction which involves BCS’ subsidiaries across multiple countries across Africa.
- Advising Kenya Airports Authority on Labour and Employment matters with respect to Privately Initiated Investment Proposal from Kenya Airways PLC pursuant to which KQ is proposing to have KAA concession the operations and management of the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to KQ.
- Acting for Gulf African Bank in its application for custodial licence from Capital Markets Authority. This entailed setting out the process involved and carrying out the application by providing the documentation sought for by Capital Markets Authority.
- Acting for a private bank in the purchase and subscription for a cumulative sixty-five (65%) stake in its ordinary issued share capital
- Advising Tullow Oil on the legal and regulatory framework and changes that are in pay in the energy sector.
- Advising a very proactive Human Resource Management firm in the acquisition of a majority stake by a technology-driven professional services firm in all its Africa based entities and subsidiaries.
- Acting for a local media company in the process of terminating employees on account of redundancy.
- Acting for a local insurance broker on applicable laws in the education sector and the key matters to note in a bid to provide insurance covers to schools, particularly private schools.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws LL.B, University of Nairobi, Kenya.