Oliver has experience in commercial transactions including public-private partnerships (PPPs), mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project finance and energy and infrastructure projects. Oliver is currently part of the team advising the National Treasury in the proposed construction of approximately 35,000-bed student hostels being undertaken by Moi University, University of Embu, South Eastern Kenya University, Egerton University and Kenya Technical Trainers College under public-private partnership (PPP) models.
Areas of Specialisation
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions ( M&A)
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Project Structuring
- Banking and Finance
- Employment Law
Email: [email protected]
Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), Energy and Infrastructure Projects
- Acting for the Public-Private Partnerships Unit of the Kenyan National Treasury, as part of the Genesis Analytics Pty-led consortium, on the development, operation and maintenance of 15,000 bed-capacity students’ hostels to be undertaken by Moi University under a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
- Acting for the Project Implementation Unit of the Kenyan National Treasury, as part of the Ernst & Young-led consortium on the proposed development of a 300-bed private hospital to be undertaken by Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Acting for an international firm interested in undertaking the construction of the Nyali Bridge (under a PPP model) on all legal aspects of PPP projects in Kenya.
Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acting for a local bank in the proposed purchase and simultaneous subscription of 65% of the ordinary share capital of the bank by international investors.
- Acting for a diverse Indian conglomerate with global operations across multiple sectors in its acquisition of the business and assets of a local company manufacturing water storage tanks.
- Acting for as local counsel for a Mauritian global telecommunication company with subsidiaries in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda in a management buy-out transaction.
Banking and Finance
- Acting for a Mauritian global telecommunication company with subsidiaries in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda obtaining financing from an international fund, on the back of a management buyout transaction.
- Acting for the Company for Housing and Habitat in Africa (Shelter Afrique) in its financing of Karibu Homes, an affordable housing development comprising of approximately 1,000 units in Mavoko County.
- Acting for the Company for Housing and Habitat in Africa (Shelter Afrique) in its financing of Richland, a residential development comprising of approximately 350 units in Kamiti, Kiambu County.
- Acting for the Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) in its financing of Kenya Property Holdings ApS, a Danish company developing residential apartments in Kinoo, Kiambu County.
- Acting for an independent power producing company in developing its human resource framework.
- Acting for an international company providing renewable energy in emerging marking in regularizing its employment contracts with its Kenyan employees.
- Acting for an international foundation in its employment of a Kenyan employee.
Countries of Work Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws LL.B, Kenyatta University, Kenya.