Faith has a wealth of experience in Land and property disputes, Family and Probate, Medico-Legal disputes, Intellectual Property, Arbitration and Commercial disputes. She has a keen interest and specialization in Constitutional Law, Administrative law and Human rights litigation.
She is currently involved in the Advisory Opinion Reference filed at the Supreme Court seeking an interpretation of provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution on the Leadership and Integrity. She was also part of the team representing the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board in an Employment and Labour Relations petition challenging the hiring of doctors from the Republic of Cuba. Currently, she is part of the litigation team representing KCB Group PLC in a petition filed seeking to stop the takeover of the National Bank of Kenya by KCB Group PLC.
Areas of Specialization
- Constitutional law;
- Human Rights;
- Family Law & Succession;
- Medical Legal disputes;
- Property Law;
- Industrial Relations & Employment Law; and
- Intellectual Property.
Email: [email protected]
- Involved in the Advisory Opinion Reference filed on behalf of the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR), seeking an advisory opinion from the Supreme Court of Kenya regarding the leadership and integrity values and principles in the Constitution of Kenya, 2010. This will have ramifications across Kenya’s entire public governance framework once determined.
- Part of the litigation team defending the interests of the KCB Group PLC in a petition filed seeking to stop the takeover of the National Bank of Kenya by KCB Group PLC.
- Prosecuting the institution of a class action suit challenging the regulatory approach of the Central Bank of Kenya and Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation in the placing of Imperial Bank under receivership in 2015.
Employment and Labour Relations
- Representing the Kenya Medical and Research Institute (KEMRI) in an Employment and Labour Relations petition challenging the remuneration and allowances of all medical researchers at KEMRI.
- Part of the team representing the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board (MPDB) in an Employment and Labour Relations petition challenging the hiring of doctors from the Republic of Cuba.
- Representing the MPDB in a petition challenging the Board’s decision to suspend the reproductive health services offered by Marie Stopes in all its clinics in Kenya.
- Part of the team representing Safaricom PLC in an Appeal filed by Communication Authority of Kenya against the High Court’s decision to quash the decision of the Communications Authority of Kenya to install a device management system on Mobile Network Operator’s masts network.
- Post Graduate Diploma, Kenya School of Law
- Moi University, LLB (Hons.)
- Human Rights Litigation – Open Society Justice Initiative, Central European University.
- Adjudication of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights- Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria.
- Constitution Building in Africa – Central European University.
- Statelessness Regional Course: Africa Focus – University of Pretoria.