Angela is an associate in the Real Estate Department in the Commercial and Property Division and has a wealth of experience in commercial and property transactions including real estate structuring, project structuring, project finance, conveyancing, land use and planning succession and estate planning.
She has vast experience in advising on real estate transactions with a bias to mixed use developments.
Areas of Specialization
- Property Law
- Banking and Finance
- Project structuring
- Company Secretarial
- Land use and Planning
- Legal Research and Advisory
Email: [email protected]
Real Estate and Mixed-Use Developments
- Part of the team that advised Tatu City a real estate development company, on all aspects of the legal structure for a proposed mixed-use development on 2, 500 acres, Tatu City, in Ruiru Municipality. The project, which at completion will have 60,000 residents, includes elements of public private partnerships in the development and elements of infrastructure, in particular roads, water and sanitation. We developed a master declaration of covenants restrictions and easements which will act as the constitution of the entire city to ensure that the development controls envisaged by our client will continue to bind the users of the cities and enhance its viability. I am currently handling the end user sales and registration of leases with a specific bias to bulk land sales.
- Part of the team that is currently advising Oaklands Properties Kenya Limited, a subsidiary of Rendeavour Services Limited, an international real estate development company, on all aspects of the legal and land use structure for a proposed mixed-use development on 1,344 acres in Ruiru Municipality dubbed Oaklands Estate. I am currently handling the end user sales and registration of transfers of lease from our client to individual purchasers. I also assisted in the amalgamation and change of user process and procuring the title documents in the name of our client.
- Advising Tilisi Developments PLC on all aspects of legal structuring for a proposed residential development set on approximately 40 acres in Tilisi in Tigoni Area, Limuru, Kiambu County. The project includes elements of infrastructure, in particular roads, water, and sanitation. We are currently at the legal structuring phase of the development.
- Representing Precious Heights Limited in all aspects of the legal structure in the sale of 165 apartments constructed along Naivasha Road, Dagoretti District in Nairobi County. This includes negotiation of the sales documentation relating to the sale of the apartments, obtaining all the requisite approvals, consents and clearances in order to undertake registration of the Leases and issuance of titles to the end users.
- Advising the LANTech (Africa) Limited on the Urban Renewal and Redevelopment of Buxton Estate in Mombasa County on all legal aspects of the transaction including the joint venture agreement with the County, land acquisition, legal structuring of the project and the end sales to the users.
Banking and Finance
- Part of the team that was involved in the structuring of a staff mortgage scheme for Kenya Hospital Association through Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited. We are offering routine legal advisories to the staff of Nairobi Hospital and Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited on land acquisition processes in Kenya, the costs involved and the registration processes at the relevant land registries. In addition, we also advise on the charging process, due diligence requirements and documents required to secure the financing under Kenyan land law. We are also required to prepare, negotiate and register Charges and other security instruments (in addition with discharge and transfer instruments, where applicable) and render advisories to Nairobi Hospital on the implications of the securities created between its staff and Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited.
- Advised Equity Bank (Kenya) Limited on the take over and redemption of a loan facility from Ecobank Kenya Limited worth Kenya Shillings One Hundred and Fifty Million (Kshs.150,000,000.00).
- Advised Credit Bank Limited on facilities worth Kenya Shillings One Hundred and Forty Seven Million (Kshs. 147,000,000.00) to be advanced to a company to finance purchase of petroleum products and facilitate the issuance of a performance guarantee to Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited pursuant to a joint venture agreement by the company to explore renewable energy options.
- Advised Equity Bank (Kenya) Limited on facilities worth Kenya Shillings Fifty Million (Kshs.50,000,000.00) to be advanced to a company to finance the purchase of petroleum products.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law Africa from the Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelor of Laws from The University of Nairobi.